Listen to this: we believe happy people deliver excellent results. This is why we exist, to create a working environment where we can create software that makes impact. We build interesting web / app solutions for the Dutch and Kenyan market or commissioned by our customers in interesting partnerships.
We manage this by being transparent, honest and giving full responsibility to our colleagues. We celebrate success and understand that you are in order to succeed, you need to be allowed to fail as well. By doing this, we already have nine offices in the Netherlands, Spain and Turkey with almost 300 happy employees and 130+ happy customers. Do you want to pursue happiness with us? Join us now!
We are looking to hire a strong, enthusiastic WordPress teammate. Someone with at least 3 years experience on the platform and on other similar platforms as well. Someone who is willing to take on the challenge and work with inspiring colleagues. The one that is ready to learn lots of new things.
With your ambitions and drive improving every day, you bring energy and inspiration to the team. You will bring the projects you run. You will assist in shaping our strategy and build a close relationship with our team in Nairobi and our specialists in the Netherlands.
You will design, develop and maintain WordPress solutions in collaboration with Dutch colleagues for our clients in Nairobi and the Netherlands.
You will have an important role in establishing our web development team in Nairobi office, WordPress set ups.
You will discuss projects with our Dutch specialists and work towards the best possible outcomes.
You need to bring:
- Confidence in writing WordPress plugins, organized child-themes and know-how about how to maneuver in a WordPress environment.
- Broad knowledge about WordPress, similar CMS platforms and web frameworks. Know how to shortcut your team to the best available solutions in the field.
- Good PHP, JS and general coding habits. Be able to use patterns and write reusable, maintainable code.
- Up-to-date knowledge and best practices and being on top of recent developments plus new versions of the platform.
- Good understanding of development and (automated) testing methodologies, and ensuring QA standards.
- You are able to collaborate on code using version control systems, such as Git.
- Previous experience with working in Agile team would be a great advantage!
Besides knowledge we are looking for the following competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience on web development.
- Minimum of 3 years collected in WordPress project experience.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in relevant areas eg ICT, web / app design, etc.
- Strong English written and vocal communication skills.
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work with Western management.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, willing to assist in growing the office.
- Energized and passionate about all you do in life.
- Flexible, open for new challenges and able to think out of the box.
- Responsible for finishing the work on time.
- Real team player who works together with other specialists in order to create the best result.
- Your assertive attitude allows you to collaborate remotely in a virtual team.
- Willing to learn new technologies and ways of working with the aim of increased efficiency
We offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Healthcare, lunch at work
- Working with and receiving training and coaching from some of the best developers of The Netherlands.
- Working in an agile environment with low hierarchy and lots of growing opportunities with a great focus on employee happiness.
- Great employment opportunity with room for creativity, development or your own career and inspiring team building. In The Netherlands we were awarded the ‘Best Place to Work Award’ in 2017.
ONLY apply if you do have relevant knowledge and work experience: minimum of 5 years of development experience and a relevant degree, for your application to be included in the recruitment process.
If you are the one we are looking for, please send your resume, application letter and expected salary to email@example.com