Great opportunity for someone with entrepreneurial spirit who likes to develop his/her career in an international ICT setting in a Kenyan office.
Listen to this: we believe happy people deliver excellent results. This is why we exist, to create a working environment where our staff can do what they were born to do: create software that makes impact. We build interesting web/app solutions for the Dutch and Kenyan market either commissioned by our customers or own solutions in interesting partnerships.
We manage this by being transparent, honest and giving full responsibility to our colleagues. We celebrate success and understand that in order to succeed, you need to be allowed to fail as well. By doing this, we already opened nine offices in the Netherlands, Spain and Turkey with almost 300 happy employees and 130+ happy customers. Do you want to pursue happiness with us? Join us now!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, software tester with 2 to 5 years of work experience. Someone who likes to be critical about the quality of the apps we develop; who likes to work in a complex environment with inspiring colleagues, inspiring clients and lots of learning opportunities.
With your ambitions and drive improving every day, you bring energy and inspiration to the team. You will assist in shaping our strategy and build a close relationship with both our team in Nairobi, and also with our specialists in the Netherlands.
You will be part of our agile development team, communicating with developers, scrum master and product owners. You evaluate new and existing websites and mobile apps to assure the quality of the software delivered by the team. On a daily basis this includes:
- Determination of a test strategy for each project;
- Reviewing and analyzing documentation and user stories;
- Performing risk analysis;
- Creating test scripts and procedures;
- Executing tests in different environments including web and mobile;
- Analyzing results and reporting on anomalies, bugs and risks;
- Being keen on improving the process of software testing in our organization.
You need to bring:
- An analytical and critical mind with an eye for detail;
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal;
- A quick understanding of both business goals and possibilities of software development;
- Understanding of agile development methodologies, such as Kanban and Scrum;
- Enthusiasm about and some working experience in test automation (for example with Selenium Webdriver, Fitnesse or SoapUI);
- ISTQB Foundation Level certified tester or similar (nice to have);
- Knowledge of programming languages, such as Java, Python or C# (nice to have);
- Understanding of databases and SQL (nice to have).
In The Netherlands we were awarded the ‘Best Place to Work – Award’ in 2017
we offer you
- A competitive salary;
- Healthcare and lunch at work;
- Working with and receiving training and coaching from some of the best developers of The Netherlands;
- Working in an agile environment with low hierarchy and lots of growing opportunities with a great focus on employee happiness;
- Great employment opportunity with room for creativity, development of your own career and inspiring team building.
ONLY apply if you do have relevant knowledge and work experience: minimum of 2 years software testing experience and a relevant degree, for your application to be included in the recruitment process.
If you are the one we are looking for, please send your cv, application letter and expected salary to email@example.com.