Great opportunity for someone with entrepreneurial spirit who likes to develop his/her career in an international ICT setting in a Kenyan office.
Listen to this: we believe happy people deliver excellent results. This is why we exist, to create a working environment where our staff can do what they were born to do: create software that makes impact. We build interesting web/app solutions for the Dutch and Kenyan market either commissioned by our customers or own solutions in interesting partnerships.
We manage this by being transparent, honest and giving full responsibility to our colleagues. We celebrate success and understand that in order to succeed, you need to be allowed to fail as well. By doing this, we already opened nine offices in the Netherlands, Spain and Turkey with almost 300 happy employees and 130+ happy customers. Do you want to pursue happiness with us? Join us now!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, swift (iOS) developer with 2 to 5 years of work experience. Someone who likes to work on developing solutions for our apps; who likes to work in a complex environment with inspiring colleagues, inspiring clients and lots of learning opportunities.
With your ambitions and drive improving every day, you bring energy and inspiration to the team. You will assist in shaping our strategy and build a close relationship with both our team in Nairobi, and also with our specialists in the Netherlands.
- You will design and develop mobile software solutions in collaboration with our Dutch colleagues for our clients in Nairobi and the Netherlands;
- You will have an important role in establishing a team for our office in Nairobi that will deliver great mobile apps;
- You will discuss our products with our Dutch specialists and work towards the best possible solutions.
you need to bring
- Ability to write reusable swift code that follows good coding standards;
- You must be up to date with everything iOS and on top of recent developments and new versions of the platform;
- A good understanding of development and (automated) testing methodologies, and object-oriented programming best practices;
- Experience with communication to backend services in the form of REST, JSON;
- You are able to collaborate on code using version control systems, such as Git;
- Previous experience with working in an Agile team would be a great advantage!
besides knowledge we are looking for the following competencies
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience as an app/iOS developer;
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in relevant areas e.g. ICT, web/app design, etc;
- Strong English written and vocal communication skills;
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work with Western management;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, willing to assist in growing the office;
- Energized and passionate about all you do in life;
- Flexible, open for new challenges and able to think out of the box;
- Responsible for finishing the work on time;
- Real team player who works together with other specialists in order to create the best result;
- Your assertive attitude enables you to collaborate remotely in a virtual team;
- Willing to learn new technologies and ways of working with the aim of increased efficiency.
In The Netherlands we were awarded the ‘Best Place to Work – Award’ in 2017
we offer you
- A competitive salary;
- Healthcare and lunch at work;
- Working with and receiving training and coaching from some of the best developers of The Netherlands;
- Working in an agile environment with low hierarchy and lots of growing opportunities with a great focus on employee happiness;
- Great employment opportunity with room for creativity, development of your own career and inspiring team building.
ONLY apply if you do have relevant knowledge and work experience: minimum of 2 years development experience and a relevant degree, for your application to be included in the recruitment process.
If you are the one we are looking for, please send your cv, application letter and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.